Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where is my night? Part 1

As the technology owerwhelmed me in the last two weeks the begin of my Iceland residency will be in text form. My new camera and my old computer are not compatible. It is a little bit like being in the desert but I take it as a chance to get to the essential. This is my the fourth day in Reykjavik, Iceland. A day here in summer is a day and a night. Let me explain: it's not getting dark anymore, yesterday we could see the sun going down into the sea in front of our living room and rise up again a few minutes later . So when I go to bed at any time, there is light. I feel kind of superawake all the time even if I am not. The body tells you it is time to sleep but the eyes cannot believe it, like when you was a child and was told to go to bed early. Now it feels to early at any time of the "day-night". It is something I have always dreamt about that the day and its time should be extendable.
Andrea Weber, Iceland 07/2009