Saturday, July 28, 2007

Vanitas Vernissage

This morning after visiting the Artnews projects, where the gallerists Julia Schleicher and Andreas Lange curated "Dark Matter" and Helga Maria Klosterfelde who is showing Rikrit Tiravanija, I found several of my invitation cards lying in the street. It was in front of the KW /Kunstwerke. At first it seemed very strange to see my name there. While I took these pictures a man asked me what I'm photographing and I explained him that this was my name and my invitation card. He thought that I was I'm from the police (because of my yellow raincoat) and that I would distribute parking tickets. But than he asked me if I'd had a card for him and he said he would come and visit my exhibtion.

Maybe I should make a game out of it like "Schnitzeljagd" / a snipped hunt, a game children play. I like the idea of friends of mine walking along that area and finding my name lying on the street "Ah she's here!"