Sunday, June 3, 2007

Thinkings on space








I was taking a rest from working in the evening and took a look
around in my room. Since I'm preparing an exhibtion in Berlin for July
I've got the impression that art is going to eat my space and me .
When I think about the fact, that during my beginning in Paris
I've lived in a 12 sqaure meter room with three windows just in roof,
so this appartment is quite luxurious. But it's necessary to breath
while working hard and so these thinkings about "normal needs"
just came along. In fact we get used to a lot of things in our life,
it's just a question of length. So even if the circumstances are bad
we get used to. If we live drama, we get used to this, if we live
deployment we get used to that and so on. Living in a small place is also an
intellectual efford in repression. While working concentrated on my drawings I forget the lack of space but sitting on the couch it really jumps on me.